Counter

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Day 172: To, Casablanca

I love the idea of meeting and talking to strangers, though I probably wouldn't be the first person to start, but if you start I assure you I will give you company as needed. The idea of learning something new, whether it is a new language, a new story, a new culture, whether they are stories they might never share with anyone else or where they are stories you share with them. I made new friends in Morocco over such strange encounters and this piece is dedicated To, Casablanca,a city attached to more than just movies and plays, more than just fictions and tall tales. Strangers of the night are about drawing between what remains fiction and what takes flight into reality, here's To, Casablanca.

To, Casablanca
Strangers on the road, we travel as we may
We are never held too long, we are no where to stay
We are checked in for just a while in your memories
And check out as time flies by & we let our thoughts 
                                                                      run free

To, Casablanca with the words that I write
About every time we won or we had simply lost a fight
We are the etchings on the sands and on your beach
There is so much to learn, if you are willing to teach


On the long shores and beaches I cannot see
I will write letters to you, and then tell tales as it maybe
To the walks and drives, I simply cannot take,
To fantasies and stories, we get to build in our head

We are temporary escapes, from the world where we stay
To the places we build in conversations, that change anyways
Strangers still, we will write stories that are yet to be
In places that I have yet to travel, where I am still awake at 3

To, Casablanca tonight, I will write to you if you read
I will write to the many worlds we live in, and to words if you need

No comments:

Post a Comment