Counter

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 176: Built You

We are all guilty of building the other person in our head. Making them special sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. These are not just biases we hold for special ones in our lives, these maybe for friends, families and sometimes people we have worked with and with whom we may have spent a lot of time. This idea came to me when a friend of mine described how difficult it was to get over the idea of someone, it was not the person in reality, but the idea of someone in their head. Like it or not we all this do, though we may not pay attention to it, we like the idea of imperfections we don't need to notice and things we love to create. I think there is nothing wrong with our versions, as temporary or permanent they may be in our mind. Hence today's piece is written as a project and hence the name "Built You". For those who sit with empty canvases, keep sketching, keep building.

Built You
I have built you sometimes & somewhere in my head
Whereas all I would rather be, is myself instead
Made you imperfect & yet special in your own way
Some days in my imagination, where no one had
                                                         anything to say

We have all drawn fictions in the stories we write
And then had some biases for the other side
For the little things are what makes us this way
So I built you from scratch and in my head everyday


We all do the same, we write to and of people in our lives
And change ourselves just a little bit & stay for a while
We are caught in between transitions of the mind
Where we may have chosen to remember, & what we get to find

No we are not complaining , we are pieces at best
We fit with no instructions at hand, we are a restless mind's unrest
I write this like any other I built the meanings in my head
As we dismantle memories, and starting to build again instead

As we come together or fall apart,
We built you & we build again right from the start

No comments:

Post a Comment