Counter

Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 173: Rushed

Today all I think about is the fact that I am running on a deadline not for work, but rather for getting a poem completed. There are some deadlines we always have, the ones that others impose and then there are a few that I feel we impose on ourselves and hope to follow. They are similar to our new year resolves the only difference is we might actually keep these. Rushed explores this idea of need for something when we want it to happen. I think my personal experience with getting this piece across to you before the end ends, speaks in many ways to the emotions that are attached to it while writing. For now the things that are held up by loose pages are still neatly bound, in poetry

Rushed
Two minutes of your time and seven minutes of the day
Is all that keeps me away from wherever you are today
I am writing myself down in days, in small summaries
Trying to write back to back, covers of myself & what I can be

Rushed are my feelings some days, about what I can or cannot say
What has always been a part of my mind & kept bookmarked someways
No list of topics that I have defined, no cookie jar to choose from
No favorite playlists that rhymes with the day, and sometimes not even a song


As I run around in small attempts to make sense of whatever can be,
I am hoping the pages reflect the part of you, and a little part of me
We will write the stories together, we won't need calendars on hold
We will be "live" everyday, reminding you of things untold

I am often in hurry in my world, I feel needed everywhere
But all I want sometimes; is to to catch a breath somewhere
We are rushed away like many things, and yet meaning we always find
We are bookends that close chapters for now, we are moments that are hard to bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment