Counter

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day 174: Of Great Things

Good things are born out of compassion for what you want, I believe great things are born out of obsession. They are not mutually exclusive but if you have to be compassionate , be that beyond measure. I think of new ideas being born everyday , some on the crust of the old, and some detached and lost somewhere while some edging up to becoming something new. I believe this search for great things in our ideas comes from an underlying obsession, the need to see, the compulsion to believe. Though we may fail to create beauty in everything we see, I like to believe we have to at least get fascinated by the idea that we could. Over the last couple of days I have seen good things transform and change, I have been humbled with what I read and then taken a step back and asked a better question. Why is something better than something great, what makes a method great? I have no doubt there are many who have done amazing things this summer and some have been lost in the entirety of what they have achieved.

Of Great Things
Of Good things and great things I sometimes write
Things I can't let settle, sometimes we must put up a fight
We are born everyday in the back of our head
Ideas let free, on pen and paper instead

In great obsessions I find solace at times,
Why we are never too old to dream, never satisfied
We are yearnings of a long day, we are glass too tall to drink
We are drunk on meaning today, we are pushed to the brink


I dream of good things and then greater things
I have dreamt of closing my eyes and sometime taking wings
In believing and asking the right questions at time
About not knowing how to complete a sentence with a rhyme

I have failed at many things, I have been inspired by almost all of them
I have learned how to carve a place, and ask the questions instead
Be impractical for once, the bigger questions may come & go
Be the great things you read and write, among the things you already know

No comments:

Post a Comment