Counter

Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 177: Perfect Blends

This one is dedicated to two of my best friends, ones who have been a part of my extended family over the last one year. This summer has been filled with goodbyes and farewells which come and go and the heart grows fonder of the ones I lose to time, and distance. I sometimes smile at the little souvenirs they had in their house about the perfect blend, because I felt it was about a blend of people, memories and things we create together. They left me with a box including many of these and so I have included them in the theme of things I could write about today. We all make journeys sometimes, some begin with stories at a dinner table, some at odd hours of the day. In confessions and stories I shared with them, and those that they have shared with me, I think my family that I chose grows two people less or maybe just placed somewhere else. We are not attached to pure nostalgia, but we like to believe it finds us somewhere when we are having tea some weekend and while scrolling down our contact lists. Travel safe my dears, drive safe and take breaks; they are important to reflect, remember and carry on.

Perfect Blends
When feelings are so fresh in your mind
When the driving car hasn't even been faded from your sight
The street lights are still the same & yet the night seems changed
We are warm reminders of that which has remained

Dinner tables tonight, just for the three
And some thoughts & memories that keep running free
Things we talk about sometimes seems like fiction to me
Sometimes they are just the way they are , let them simply be


I will lay myself bare some night, the walk back seems long
And there will always be just a few who will travel along
We will write to them , we are perfect blends of who we are
Kept bottled up some days & yet meaningful for afar

From Mr Roger's tales, to stories on the stairs at night
From confessions of every love affair & solace in some fights
We are dim lights that surrounds the night & puts it to sleep
And some memories are left on dinner tables & some that we get to keep.                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment