Counter

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 181: In Writings

I sat there for quite sometime with a small glass of wine at the bar, as a gentle shower brewed outside. On the inside sitting comfortably I spoke to strangers who in time became friends and as I sat there, I felt the need to scribble writings on napkins as I sometimes do and before I left the table I slipped it underneath the empty glass. Our writings are what are visible sometimes, while the writers don't need to be. In Writings is exploring the things we get to build from scratch sometimes, the inspirations and biases we sometimes write to and the possessions we gain & lose in our pieces. It is important to hit restart once in a while down the road & I think in writings we find our small escapes. For now I leave with a thought & a piece of writing that I hope I get to reinvent in different ways as you read it. In writing I came as simple as I can be & sometimes I write to this simplicity.

In Writings
I left a poem on a piece of napkin under a tall drink
Hoping to find wonder in the joy of little things
I will sometimes write to the things that are undefined
Those that write stories in my head & yet are hard to find

A thinly veiled night eludes my mind,
Hides behind curtains of a well lit room tonight
And as I sit and write stories on the floor
I write with an open mind, behind closed doors


We are storytellers with no possessions of our own
We build from scratch everyday, not knowing where to belong
In adventures that fades, and the mystery we get to create
We leave with a writing on twitter walls & napkins alike, as our days fade

We are on a positive note, we are short stories some night
We are every reason why sometimes we refuse to turn off the lights
I find myself in random acts of writing, for I leave with just that much
I write to the stories on the wall & parts of your mind in writings I touch

No comments:

Post a Comment