Counter

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Day 185: My Blue Moon

Blue moons are a rarity, and though rare moments have a charm of their own, sometimes a long drive down trying to meet it half way is what is needed to experience it. Yesterday was one of these blue moons and it kept rising further, we drove further and into the night. In realities the concept of something that is alluring, that is attractive in its way in which it comes to us, at a moment's notice, nothing less and nothing more. While I veered into the night staring at the dark skies, something about the moon lit skies kept calling back and the songs we played on repeat.

My Blue Moon
Some long drives on a slowly ending night
And the things that keeps getting farther from sight
The music played and the winds in my hair
And a quiet night with no worries or care

Come as you may, treat me like an old friend
No questions asked when we meet, as we meet again
Walk with me till we talk without words at time
I kept to keep a piece of the memories I call mine.
























In between some spaces and sometimes even time
Our world freezes over, somewhere captured in a rhyme
We write about a world that travels from one night to the next
Till be meet again, we make our last one our very best

To things that are on the horizons somewhere for now
Stories that are unwritten and yet unsettled somehow
My long drive is unending , I wish it doesn't end so soon
I draw pictures out of thin air, staring at my blue moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment