Counter

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Day 202: Little Bits

Sometimes the little thinks such as filling your calendars with your appointments, remembering where it begins and the road maps we are so used to drawing in our heads and in our calendars that link our day. Whether we moved about in links between one thing to the next and in between we keep finding these little bits and pieces, these little pauses that we try to beg, borrow or steal from time of the day. Sometimes these are planned beginnings, explorations into what we have become and what we may become over a period of time, and sometimes just humble realizations of what we have collected bit by bit. I know I am late with the post today, but it came to me just bit by bit through the day.

Little Bits
A little bit of anything that holds the day
As I sit on my desk and my hours pass away
I draw upon things, my list of things to do
And stealing time to write my poetry to you

I am faded in and out hours of this day
Planning my syllabus and schedules my own ways
My calendar fills with colors of red & blue
Things pile on, some of which I hope to follow through


Start with just one thing for today, one step a bit slow
Start with knowing nothing at all, in between the ones you know
Blank sheets and papers for now, unscribbled at best
Plan just a bit, we are all hoping for the rest

My poems everyday, my thoughts undefined
They are left somewhere in places for me to find
A little bit of thoughts I borrow, a little bit of extraordinaire
In humble beginnings, I begin my journeys to nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment