Counter

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 187: At Once, or Twice

"At once" refers to a sense of urgency, the idea of a deadlines that have come and gone. Though it doesn't refer to the idea of trying just once, this piece was inspired by the notion that urgency isn't a singular event. At once or even twice that we try something which holds meaning to us and in some ways. We are concerned with winnings we get to collect at end of days, these are the summaries we get to play somewhere in our head. The idea of getting back to something again & again is inherent in a few hence this writing explores this relationship of failures, trials and winnings through trying something at once (in urgency) and twice(going back to it again). Whatever be it today, at once or twice or whenever you may, I hope we you keep trying,as I keep writing of ways. I hope the "I" in the poem relates back to you someways, it was never mine to begin with.

At Once, or Twice
I will never do things in ones and two(s)
Take back my winnings back from you
And plan my wins and losses some days
At Once, or Twice or whenever I may

I may have fallen down sometimes,
Somewhere beyond the end of the line
Where no one picks themselves up & walks away
I just told myself, this is not where I would stay


I am chanced mistakes which I sometimes make
These are imperfections, I like to keep
I am moments of the day that I get to create
Soft reminders of days, when I put myself to sleep

At Once, or Twice I got up and got back again
Told myself, somethings are worth more than just one try
And though the whole world may find this insane
I know not of anything better, than finding reasons to why

I am footnotes sometimes, instead of paragraphs
I am meanings stuck in between pages of a book
I am the little kid, who never grows or gives up
Because I are too busy with the steps, which at once,
                                                             or twice I took

No comments:

Post a Comment