Counter

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Day 209: Remind Me

In between the week we are tempted to look for weekends, towards endings sometimes. Towards the slow passing of hours when you need it to move faster. While all this time we will carry our memory with us , I still find myself forgetting the obvious things. So I ask my calendar, my friends and colleagues to remind me of things sometimes. It is strange that we don't get to choose a priority about the things we can and cannot seem to forget. For me "Remind me" explores this idea of being among lists of things you do want to get reminded about and some that come to you when least expectant. It reaches into the need to remember versus memory that is always present in someway.

Remind Me
Remind me of weekends when I am stuck on weekdays
Remind me of simple reasons & simple ways
And then when the huddled masses have stepped aside
Remind me of their footsteps that they left behind

The blue light and red light and the white that washes my walls
In between fallen roads, & lost pathways, I refuse to fall
I have scaled up and down on the contours of your mind
When you are hardly looking for me, I will be the easiest to find


Remind me of old passages of the book I would read to sleep
Things I keep to myself, and yet I find no reason to weep
I am end of summers sometimes, I am still warm breath in the air
I keep looking for someone to read what I write, we make the perfect pair

There are corners of the day, I will return to as I start again
You will be amazed as I will find sanity among the insane
I will not be pages on your calendar, let me feel alive
When my memory is all I carry with me, as I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment