Counter

Monday, August 31, 2015

Day 213: Games we Play

It was board game night yesterday, and somewhere in between the fun and the games and sharing the comradery among friends, I learn from them. These are the games we play, as I struggled to understand the instructions from time to time. I learned as I cheered from the side of my table. There were chips that were stalled at one end and I would collect and win and lose again. But I realize it was never about the wins and losses , it was sometimes about playing the game. Hence these games we play are about our real life adventures, the things we learn from life as it comes our way.

Games we Play
I wonder about the games we sometimes play
Hard to win at, things that change everyday
But if what I learn is lost and won on a board
Where no one is truly keeping scores

The games we play feel grown up sometimes
They are without restrains on hour, or bedtimes
They are of words and number and much more
Somehow caught in the musings of it all.


My thoughts about the game we play
The things we keep among the ones that change anyways
We roll our dices as I skipped my turn
I will watch the game as it played, in time I will learn

Incomprehensible without instructions sometimes
Such are the games we play in real life
We chase each other in words, we have much to say
We keep learning in every turn, in the games we play

No comments:

Post a Comment