Counter

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Day 205: Grand Escapes

I missed out on writing yesterday, for me it was taking a grand escape, taking a break so that I can come back to my writings. I think we all look for these grand escapes whether it is among people and warm company, or whether it is by ourselves in between what we read or lite, our music or lyrics when things don't suffice. The idea of grand escapes came as a realization this week as I struggled to find one for me among those I already know. Among the obvious I seem to look for moments of something new that strikes me and lends some words to my resting pen. For now they are charmed places in our mind, places we have least traveled and places we find when we least expect it. I write this on a Sunday afternoon before a new week and before knowing this one ended, hoping there is much more to return to as I write to my grand escapes.

Grand Escapes
I will write to my grand escapes
To some simple things we could walk away
Some weekends on a long break
When I am yet to find a perfect day

Some days are not about finding mistakes
About knowing how much effort it takes
I have had enough of those to come & go
But I write to things that slip away,
                                I ones I do not know


Some Sunday mornings when my pen lies at rest
And I have summarized things to my very best
I have heard from those around me in quiet moments too
I have taken a break as I kept writing back to you

On some days when I have walked too long
When I hear on repeat some constant songs
My lyrics and words and rhymes of the day
Are the only place where I find my grand escapes

No comments:

Post a Comment