Counter

Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 193: Poetry & Songs

Strangers on a train are like story book beginnings which we sometimes find . Somewhere & somehow we get to communicate, and it is just as exciting as meeting someone anywhere else. I guess it is the time constraint, the fact that you know that the journey ends somewhere which makes these short lived encounters special, and the hope that we will meet again. Yesterday was the same for me, as we spoke about so many different things, we found common ground in poetry. As our midday train ride moved along we spoke about travels we take, languages we speak and the people we meet. She told me about this comparative between poetry & songs and how she was always told that songs could not be thought of as poetry. So I wrote to 'Poetry & Songs', about transitions in between and in the hope that we will get to have this conversation again sometime, catch up right where we left.

Poetry & Songs
I wonder and wander between poetry & songs
About lyrics that we sometimes sing along
Strangers on a train with stories to no end
We are wanderers without maps my friend

As we share a train ride to places well known
I wonder what you read in the book that you hold
And some words that are stranded in my mind
Are lost and found in the conversations we find


We are midday blues on journeys still
We are dreamers who wish of travel diaries to be filled
Till our restless heart finds shelter sometimes
What we call home is far from being defined

As the story unfolds we sat there just for a while
As I wrote words & scribbled; somewhere in my mind
Cloudy skies and sunsets at the end of days
Are like pages of a books I tucked & neatly kept someways

In translations between poetry and a song
Between things others believe don't play along
We will write to the same meanings sometimes
Hoping to somehow find the prefect words & rhyme

No comments:

Post a Comment