Counter

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Day 203: Shades of Summer

Summer seems to be gracefully fading away as the day transitions between periods of warm sunshine and patches of cloud, they are reminders of some of the transitional time in between. Summers here are never too long, as they transition between the Spring and the fall and they give a little pause when things tend to move slower. As I sit through a longer version of summer that sense of urgency seems delayed briefly between moments.  We experience these shades of summer which are sometimes about relief, about escapes we take , about the smell of grass after a rain and everything else that you experience. This writing explores both the shades of the day and the pause we find in between the many shades of summer and the ones we always wish we get to keep.

Shades of Summer
I am shades of summer kept in a bottle somewhere
Sunlight trapped in glass roof and walls
I am evening breeze that fills the air
I am leaves on trees that for now refuse to welcome fall

I am afterglow of an endless day
I am the shinning bits of myself that is kept somewhere
In closed classrooms and the windows to the outside
I am rain that tells you stories in raindrops by your bedside


I am shades and I am in between, the wind and the rain
I am smiles and moments that I steal, as I walk away from pain
In yesterday's measures of what my world could be
I refuse to live in promises once made & in between subtle realities

I may have changed just a day or two
Become the best of I am while looking for you
I am shades of summer painted on a canvas for now
Captured in the words of the writer somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment