Counter

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Day 207: So I Wrote

It is easy to find quotes that capture the fascination of many, among the need to find inspiration some nights. To find facts that fills the heads and as comfort drifts ourselves into sleep. We are privileged sometimes to find words that builds us to and from where we are. In the challenges some nights that we draw from, my dim lights outside are brighter than my dark room and the darker corners still. And so I write as I wrote in past days, capturing whimsy of the mind, the heart and soul from time to time. I write from the dawn as sunlight slowly creeps into my room.

So I Wrote
So I wrote to men & women who have come & gone
Who speak of something new at the very hour of dawn
I wrote to those who are and who have been inspired
Who have never been left or even fallen behind

And I read like a mad man, every page I swallowed whole
The days had yet to be undone, the hours had yet to unfold
In between the pages where I scoured for the day
I was looking for wise words that time itself has written away.


So I wrote to those who have asked me to write
Who have trusted in some days to fight their fight
Who have not yielded that have only grown strong
But for now I treat them, as though these words were my own

I have been fair most days of which I know
About thoughts in my mind, & the ones I choose to show
I was asked to swim from shore to shore & not simply float
And so in between all that is inspired, I wrote

So I wrote to those who live word to word a day
Who are brave men & women with simple resolves someways
And to those of us who are captured by beauty of a quote
To and from the unfinished parts of me, I simply wrote 

No comments:

Post a Comment